Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Nap Time

So my 2 1/2 year old still needs nap time (or so I think)...so do I...but she refuses to take it.  If I give in and don't let her take it by 5 she's in melt down mode wants supper now and then needs to go crash...but it's still like 8 or 9 before she's in lala land.  If I let her nap she's good all day till bedtime and then it's 10 or 11p.m. before dreamland hits.  So what's your thoughts...fight for nap time or let her go on her own free will and crash whenever she wants?

1 comment:

  1. my kids all took naps until they were 4 or 5. they did stay up until 10 or so. But to me it was worth it because they were not exhausted for the last 3 hours of the night. And I enjoyed the 2 hours of the afternoon nap somewhat to myself. The fight lessens as the nap becomes a normal part of the everyday routine and not something they get to choose to do or not to do each day. I think it makes kids feel secure to know what is expected in each part of their day and eventually begin to look forward to what they know is coming next.

    ReplyDelete